So there you are, your girlfriend or boyfriend is visiting, what better way to show off than to make them a delicious meal to eat as you contemplate upcoming temptation and entertainment and what is more delicious than pilau. You do not know how to make pilau? Do not worry you are in for a treat for here is how you make pilau. Simple. Oh, and in case you want to work online, just click here
Ingredients (for two servings, assuming you will be really hungry)
Quarter kilogram of goat, mutton or beef
One garlic cloves
2 cardamom pods
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cups rice
2 whole black peppercorns
2 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
A pinch of ground ginger (about a quarter of teaspoon)
¼ cup cumin seed powder
1 small tomatoes
2 cups water
• Boil the meat in salted water for a few minutes or until tender.
• Crush the garlic and cardamom together with 2tbsp water using a mortar and pestle.
• Fry the onion until it is golden brown.
• Add the rice, meat, garlic and cardamom mixture, peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and cumin seed powder.
• Cook covered over medium heat until all are nicely brown, about 10 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes.
• Cook and stir until the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked down to the consistency of a sauce.
• Add the 2 cups water to the rice mixture, bring to a boil and then cook over very low heat, (while covered) for another 15-20 minutes, until all water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
• Serve with fruits and kachumbari
I hope everything was clear and if that does not impress your date, dump them at once because they will never be impressed. Do not forget to leave your comment. What would you love to learn to cook? let us know and also give us your favorite recipe